CCMC released 2020 Focus on Forecasting, Growing and Preparing, which highlights four key trends shaping the future of work for case managers, highlighting characteristics of Certified Case Managers, and offering tips on how to prepare for lifelong learning. For easy reference, we have listed select resources related to each key trend on this page.
Additional resources related to the four key trends include:
2020 Trend #1: Anticipatory Intelligence
- Webinar with Deborah Viola, Ph.D., vice president, data management and analytics, Westchester Medical Center Health Network: “Augmented Intelligence: Advanced technology meets case management" and companion issue brief: “It's all about the client: How augmented intelligence brings AI to bear on the case management process"
- Take a Listen Podcasts™
- LaVerne H. Council, MBA, DBA, chief executive officer of Emerald One, LLC: “The Effect of Automation on the Case Management Workforce"
- Dara Richardson-Heron, MD, chief engagement office, All of Us Research Program, National Institutes of Health: “Data, Precision Medicine and the Future of Patient Care"
- New World Symposium® Recordings
- Joshua Denny, MD, MS: “Data and the Future of Patient Care Data/Analytics"
- Ellen Makar, RN-BC, CCM, CPHIMS, CENP: “Data, Analytics and the Shift to Value-Based Care"
2020 Trend #2: Learning Trends
2020 Trend #3: Career Pathways
- Volunteer Opportunities
- MaryBeth Kurland, CAE, CEO, Commission for Case Manager Certification: “Preparing the workforce for astonishing possibilities"
- Michelle Baker, BS, RN, CRRN, CCM, associate director, Network Services for Paradigm Catastrophic Care Management: “CCMC: Leaning into change"
- Vivian Campagna, MSN, RN-BC, CCM, CIRO, Commission for Case Manager Certification: “CCM preparation with ethics in mind: Swim with the current, stand like a rock"
- Take a Listen™ Podcasts
- MaryBeth Kurland, CAE, CEO, Commission for Case Manager Certification: “Developing the Case Management Workforce of the Future, Today"
- Michelle Baker, BS, RN, CRRN, CCM, Associate Director, Network Services for Paradigm Catastrophic Care Management: “How Professional Development Fits into the Commission’s Mission"
- New World Symposium Recordings
- Margaret (Peggy) O’Kane, founder and president, National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA): “Why Measure? Advancing the Value of Case Management"
- Michael L. Millenson, president, Health Quality Advisors LLC: “Will Value-Based Care Increase Your Value?"
2020 Trend #4: Mentoring
- CCMC’s Develop Others Toolkit
- Blog by MaryBeth Kurland, CAE, CEO, Commission for Case Manager Certification: “Mentorship: Sharing the Knowledge, Supporting Each Other"
- “Getting Started with Mentoring"
- Sample mentoring agreement