Certification is an investment in your career. Because the knowledge and skills demonstrated through certification are valuable to employers, it’s also an investment they’re willing to make on your behalf.
- 62 percent of CCM employers reimburse for the CCM exam, and 50 percent pay for it.* Ask if your organization reimburses for professional development, certification or continuing education.
- The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) the CCM credential for reimbursement under the GI Bill for licensing and certification. See a description of the program and instructions for how to apply for reimbursement. Download the application for VA reimbursement of the CCM credential.
- The CCM is approved to meet hospital Magnet Recognition status. If you work in a hospital, ask your supervisor whether CCM certification may be a covered continuing education expense for you and your case manager colleagues.
- CCMC has collaborative partnership with NASW which provide discounts to help case managers get certified.
Employers recognize the value of CCM certification and financially support ongoing professional development, 58% pay for case managers to take the CCM exam, 44% require the credential, and 43% pay for CCM renewal.
* Health2 Resources and CCMC, Professional and Demographic Characteristics of CCMs, January 2017.