Exam Specific FAQs
Need help deciding if you should take your exam remotely or at a testing center? CLICK HERE!
Online Exam (OnVUE)
Q: I am testing online, how do I test my system?
- Use the same testing space, computer, and internet connection you plan to use on exam day.
- We recommend testing on a personal computer with a webcam. Work computers generally have more restrictions that may prevent successful delivery.
- Do not take your exam in a setting with a corporate firewall (including VPN). If you are taking your online exam in your office, please alert your Network Administrator to the OnVUE system requirements.
Make sure you have a reliable, fast internet connection to download your exam and support a webcam stream
Q: How can I prepare my testing space?
- Find a quiet, disruption-free, well-lit space. Please be aware that background light or the sun rising/setting could create visibility issues for the proctor.
- You will be required to take four photos of your testing space during check-in. We recommend using a mobile device.
- You can only use one monitor.
- Your desk should be clear.
For more information, review online proctored exam policies, procedures, and minimum requirements
Q: What is an acceptable form of ID to take the exam?
A: Acceptable forms of ID include:
- Non-US Military ID (including spouse and dependents)
- Identification card (national or local)
- Registration card (green card, permanent residence, visa)
Unacceptable forms of ID:
- Unacceptable forms of identification include renewal forms with expired IDs, government-issued name change documents with government ID
- If your identification is not considered valid, you will not be permitted to complete your exam and you are unlikely to receive a refund.
- temporary ID
By law, certain IDs must not be photocopied, digitized, or captured on camera. Because of this, Pearson VUE cannot accept restricted IDs (including but not limited to U.S. military or certain secure access IDs) as identification for online testing.
How long is the online exam?
A: The exam is time is 3 hours but the appointment time is slated for 3.5 hours to include time to go through the tutorial and survey. We recommend logging into your account 30 minutes early to start the check-in process and to allow for any troubleshooting.
Q: What should I expect on exam day?
A: On exam day:
- We recommend logging into your account 30 minutes early to start the check-in process and to allow for any troubleshooting.
- This allows optimal preparedness but does not guarantee an early admittance or start time.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late after your scheduled exam time, you will be unable to begin your exam and you will not receive a refund.
To check into your exam:
- Select Check-in to start exam on your confirmation, reschedule or reminder emails, OR
- Log in: https://home.pearsonvue.com/ccmc/onvue
- View your upcoming appointment.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the check-in process.
- You will need to complete check-in before you can start your exam.
What if I need to reschedule my exam appointment
Reschedule Policy through Pearson VUE
If you need to reschedule your appointment within the same exam period, be sure to do it as soon as possible before your appointment. If you do not reschedule your appointment before the scheduled appointment time, you will forfeit your exam fee.
Cancellation Policy through Pearson VUE
If you need to cancel your appointment, be sure to do it as soon as possible before your appointment. If you do not cancel your appointment before the scheduled appointment time, you will forfeit your exam fee. Exams cannot be cancelled less than 48 hours prior to your appointment. Failure to cancel in time or failure to appear for your appointment will result in the forfeiture of your exam fee.
Deferring to the next exam cycle
If you are unable to take the test during the exam cycle for which you are approved, you may request and pay a one-time deferment ($85) to the next consecutive exam cycle. To make this request, you must first contact Pearson VUE to cancel the original appointment. Then contact CCMC at 856-380-6836 or email@example.com to set up a deferment. If you do not take the exam, and you do not schedule a deferment, you will have to reapply and pay for a new application and exam. ($420)
In person at testing center
Q: What is the admission policy?
A: We ask that you arrive at the test center 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. This will give you adequate time to complete the necessary sign-in procedures. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late for your appointment, you may be refused admission and the exam fees will be forfeited.
You will be required to present one form of original (no photocopies), valid (unexpired) government issued ID that includes your name, photograph, and signature. The first and last name that you used to register must match exactly the first and last name on the ID that is presented on test day. All IDs required must be issued by the country in which you are testing. If you do not have the qualifying ID issued from the country you are testing in, an International Travel Passport from your country of citizenship is required. If you have any questions or concerns about the ID you are required to bring with you to the testing center for admittance for your exam please contact Pearson VUE customer service at https://home.pearsonvue.com/Test-takers/Customer-service.aspx. To view the full ID policy, including any additional allowances to this policy, please visit http://www.pearsonvue.com/policies/1.pdf.
(will not accept temporary ID)
No personal items may be taken into the testing room. This includes all bags, books not authorized by the sponsor, notes, phones, pagers, watches and wallets.
Q: WIll I receive directions to the testing center?
A: Once you schedule your exam, you will receive a confirmation email with all the important information. This will include date and time of testing, location, and directions to the testing center.
You must contact Pearson VUE or access your online account to reschedule your exam at least 48 hours prior to your appointment. Exams cannot be rescheduled less than 48 hours prior to your appointment. Failure to reschedule in time or failure to appear for your appointment will result in the forfeiture of your exam fee.
You must contact Pearson VUE or access your online account to cancel your exam at least 48 hours prior to your appointment. Exams cannot be cancelled less than 48 hours prior to your appointment. Failure to cancel in time or failure to appear for your appointment will result in the forfeiture of your exam fee.
How long is the exam at the testing center?
A: The exam is time is 3 hours but the appointment time is slated for 3.5 hours to include time to go through the tutorial and survey. Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment to check in.
I have a medical or religious reason that I will need special accommodations to take my exam, what should I do?
SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS: If you require any special accommodations (extra time, separate room, medication, religious/mobility accommodations, etc.) to take the upcoming exam and are not listed on the approved comfort list, please notify CCMC immediately and DO NOT schedule your appointment with Pearson VUE. CCMC will need proper medical documentation explaining why and what accommodations you will need to take your exam. The deadline to request a special accommodation is the end of the application window. See the application timeline here.
*All no-show appointments with special accommodations will be subject to a $200 fee.