The benefits of earning the CCM credential are cumulative across a case manager’s career. Continuing education for renewal demonstrates a commitment to life-long learning.
To retain the valued CCM credential, board-certified case managers must earn 80 hours in continuing education every five years, or re-take the CCM exam. We help you stay certified with a wealth of learning resources.
- The PACE™ Directory is a searchable resource where you can find all the pre-approved continuing education resources for CCMs. More than 8,000 courses (online, face-to-face or publications) offering 32,000+ continuing education credits are found in the PACE Directory.
- The CMLearning Network® features research, case examples and the latest on regulatory changes, ethics and current trends. It includes
- Live, CE-approved webinar events and recorded webinars.
- Issue briefs capturing the voices of national thought leaders.
- Case Management Body of Knowledge ® (CMBOK) web-based resource. Updated regularly with new topic-based modules and edited by industry experts, the CMBOK offers foundational case management knowledge plus 90+ continuing education credits for CCMs (by subscription). We offer group subscriptions so your organization can use the content for onboarding and ongoing staff training.
- CCM Insights: Every two years, the Commission surveys board-certified case managers to gather information to inform its education and advocacy on behalf of case managers. The results of the most recent survey are illustrated in an eBook, "Growth, Benefits and Value: Insight into Today’s CCM."
- CareManagement, the official journal of CCMC, which includes four continuing education credit opportunities with each issue.
- The CCMC New World Symposium, an annual meeting where case managers hear curated, case manager-specific presentations from the national experts and network with colleagues from across the country.
- Certification 360, the case management two-day immersion. Led by authorized facilitators, CCMC’s signature workshop for new and experienced case managers will rejuvenate your practice, expand your thinking and boost your professional development. Join us to enhance your knowledge base with practical, state-of-the-art takeaways from industry experts.