Why get certified? Because it makes you a better case manager. It makes you a better you.
The CCM is the largest, oldest and most highly valued credential for case managers. Long recognized by accreditation organizations as a proxy for workforce readiness, its value has expanded as health care evolves to a more patient-centric, coordinated model of care.
Simply put, health care organizations need well-trained, knowledgeable case managers, and the CCM is the standard for the industry and salaries for CCMs continue to rise. The majority of CCMs earn more than $80,000 annually, and salaries have trended upwards for 5+ years. That compares favorably with median salaries for nurses and social workers—the fields in which most case managers are trained. A majority earned salary increases in the past 12 months, too, indicating a strong upward salary trajectory. More than half of CCMs who are executives earn more than $100,000 annually, as do more than a third of CCMs in management roles.
- 88% of CCMs say certification has had a positive impact on their career.
- 94% have recommended the CCM to other case managers.
- CCMs seek certification to:
- Improve employment options
- Advance professional standing
- Enhance personal growth
The CCM is prized as the mark of case manager excellence, across all health care and health management settings. The CCM is the Exclusive health care case manager credential endorsed by the National Association of Social Workers and the Case Management Society of America;
- Only cross-setting, cross discipline case manager credential for health care and related fields that is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies; and
- Only cross-setting case manager certification validated by a comprehensive job analysis, independently conducted and analyzed by experts.
Employers recognize the value of CCM certification and financially support ongoing professional development, 58% pay for case managers to take the CCM exam, 44% require the credential, and 43% pay for CCM renewal. CCMs who supervise other case managers recognize the value of the credential when hiring—and so do their employers.
Are you ready to get certified? Call us at (856) 380-6836 or email us today.