CONTRIBUTE AND SUCCEED! CCMC is looking for enthusiastic individuals to volunteer. If you are interested in contributing to the success of the Commission, serving on a committee is an excellent way to make an impact. We want you as part of the team!
Volunteer opportunities that may interest you!
- Ethics and Professional Conduct: Issues opinions regarding the interpretation and application of the Code of Professional Conduct for Case Managers, oversees investigations, and rules on cases involving alleged violations, maintaining strict confidentiality., oversees investigations, and rules on cases involving alleged violations, maintains strict confidentiality.
- Finance Committee: Reviews financial documents and the policy for Commission investments; recruits and hires independent auditor; receives, reviews and approves the annual audit and any accompanying management letter; and sets policy for Commissioners' participation in budgetary activities.
- Governance & Nominations Committee: Oversees the governance of the Commission and evaluates policies and procedures as needed, along with managing the Nominations process for new and returning Commissioners.
- Professional Development and Education Committee: Conducts review and advancement of professional development and educational offerings for both disability management specialists and case managers to support certification and re-certification.
- Certification Services Committee: Regularly review of all programs and services consistent with the Commission's mission and resources; recommend the continuation or modification of current programs; review new program or service proposals and recommend those to be accepted, and recommend the institution of major program revisions.
- Computer access and ability to receive email and download files.
- Ability to participate in conference calls with the possibility of travel.
- Committee assignments must be completed in a timely manner prior to conference calls and/or meetings. Most work is conducted via conference call or email.
- Committee appointment is for a term of one year.
- Approximately 40-50 hours of voluntary service are required per year.
- Independent and group skills are required.
NOTE: The Commission pays travel expenses. In-person meetings are preferred but in the event, you must attend virtually, full engagement and participation are required.