The letters “CCM” behind your name empower your career potential. Those letters tell employers, patients and colleagues:
- You have proven knowledge and you’re ready to practice case management in health care and related settings.
- You’re an expert—a respected peer on the multidisciplinary care team.
- You’re committed to life-long learning and professional development.
- You stand up as an advocate for patients and the public interest.
The CCM is evidence you’re at the top of your profession. You join more than 45,000 board-certified case managers committed to excellence. It’s a credential the public and employers trust.
- 44 percent of CCM employers require the CCM credential, and 58 percent pay for the exam.*
- The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) approves the CCM credential for reimbursement under the GI Bill for licensing and certification.
- The CCM is approved to meet hospital Magnet Recognition status.
- The CCM is a US-based credential, with board-certified case managers residing in all 50 states and its territories.
The CCM is prized as the gold standard for case manager excellence, across all health care and health management settings. The CCM is the
- Exclusive health care case manager credential endorsed by the National Association of Social Workers and the Case Management Society of America.
- Only cross-setting, cross discipline case manager credential for health care and related fields that is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies.
- Only cross-setting case manager certification validated by a comprehensive job analysis, independently conducted and analyzed by experts.
Download our infographic explaining How Case Managers Help Patients Navigate the Health Care Maze, or take a look at our CCM Insights eBook today for a closer look into today's CCM.
* Health2 Resources and CCMC, Growth, Benefits and Value: Insight into Today’s CCM, February 2019