Healthy in Mind, Body and Spirit: The Case Manager’s Role in Behavioral Healthcare Integration
Benjamin F. Miller, PsyD and Robert Fortini, PNP
- Describe three ways behavioral health is fragmented in health care delivery;
- Discuss new models of care that better integrate behavioral health;
- Explain recommendations to better integrate behavioral health across health care;
- Identify the appropriate population for care and for according referral;
- Address obstacles to care delivery, including but not limited to simple compliance, transportation, caregiver roles and other factors that can contribute to an appointment "no-show;" and
- Discuss obstacles to appropriate payment in a "fee for service" environment and implications in a "fee for value" environment.