Coordinated care and comprehensive medication management: Case management’s critical role
Terry McInnis, MD MPH
- Review evidence indicating that patient-centered comprehensive medication management is critical for success in ACO and PCMH models for improving clinical outcomes;
- Discuss the role of the clinical pharmacist as a core team member and how this function aids the overall outcomes of patients and efficiency of the team;
- Examine how case managers/care coordinators can help identify patients in need of comprehensive medication management services;
- Review evidence that implementing comprehensive medication management (CMM) in coordinated care systems improves clinical outcomes and reduces total health care costs
- Describe via case examples how CMM is implemented in a variety of practice settings for managing complex patients.