Make the Case for Value
The letters “CCM” behind your name empower your career potential. Those letters tell employers, patients and colleagues:
- You have proven knowledge and you’re ready to practice case management in health care and related settings.
- You’re an expert—a respected peer on the multidisciplinary care team.
- You’re committed to life-long learning and professional development.
- You stand up as an advocate for patients and the public interest.
The CCM is evidence you’re at the top of your profession. You join more than 44,000 board-certified case managers committed to excellence. It’s a credential the public and employers trust.
- 62 percent of CCM employers reimburse for the CCM exam, and 50 percent pay for it.*
- The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) approves the CCM credential for reimbursement under the GI Bill for licensing and certification.
- The CCM is approved to meet hospital Magnet Recognition status.
- The CCM is a US-based credential, with board-certified case managers residing in all 50 states, the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico and in a number of foreign countries.
The CCM is prized as the gold standard for case manager excellence, across all health care and health management settings. The CCM is the
- Exclusive health care case manager credential endorsed by the National Association of Social Workers and the Case Management Society of America.
- Only cross-setting, cross discipline case manager credential for health care and related fields that is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies.
- Only cross-setting case manager certification validated by a comprehensive job analysis, independently conducted and analyzed by experts.
* Health2 Resources and CCMC, Professional and Demographic Characteristics of CCMs, January 2017.