Upon completion of the Part 1 webinar, the learner should be able to:
• List and explain at least four communication methods
• List at least three barriers to communication and mitigation strategies
• List two strategies to ensure client understanding
Upon completion of the Part 2 webinar, the learner should be able to:
• Define motivational interviewing (MI) and stages of change
• List, define, and apply the principles of MI
• Assess client readiness to change
• Describe how MI can be integrated into their current practice
The Commission for Case Manager Certification is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
This program has been pre-approved by The Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide continuing education credit to CCM® board certified case managers. The course is approved for 1 CE contact hour(s).
Activity code and Approval number will be awarded on your certificate of completion.
All planners and speakers have disclosed that they have no relevant financial relationships or conflicts of interest with commercial interests related directly or indirectly to this educational activity.
Commercial Support or Non-Commercial Sponsorship:
There is no commercial support for this activity. The planners and faculty have no relevant relationships to disclose.
Expiration date: 11/30/2020