Caring for the Developmentally Disabled Adult
Course Provider: NetCE
- 1.Define intellectual disability, mental retardation, and developmental disability.
- 2.Cite specific barriers in providing optimal health care to the developmentally disabled.
- 3.Discuss health conditions that commonly occur with specific types of developmental disabilities.
- 4.Explain mental health problems that may occur in mental retardation.
- 5.Identify pharmacological and nonpharmacological approaches to treating mental health issues in those who are developmentally disabled.
- 6.Discuss approaches to providing quality care to the developmentally disabled, including techniques for working with families and caregivers.